I’m not even sure what to really say. I tend to be a super loquacious person, and usually I can’t stop talking, but right now, I am speechless. I started this blog just under two months ago because I needed a place to just be. A place where I could write about my life and just share things, but I didn’t have the confidence to do it any other way.
It began with the germination of the blog, and honestly, I didn’t expect anyone to read it. I was happy with just sending my thoughts into the Internet abyss, and letting them be there for someone to stumble upon. But then people began liking my posts, and following my blog, and I didn’t really know what to make of it. I was excited, because it showed me that sometimes putting yourself out there can have wonderful consequences, but I was also nervous, because I hadn’t prepared for that to happen.
Thank you to canaf and Sandi who both nominated me for this award!!! I am absolutely honoured, and I didn’t know blog awards were a thing, but let me tell you I was delighted to find this out in such a wonderful way.
So, seven facts about myself. Here goes nothing:
1. I learned to sew at a very young age from my grandparents, and now I make clothes without even using a pattern sometimes. Ha, talk about being a clothes whisperer.
2. I am 5 feet tall, no more, no less. What this means is that I often shop for pants in the kids section of a store, and I do in fact have to climb grocery store shelves in order to reach the crackers on the top shelf. Note: if people working in a grocery store see you doing this, they will remove you from the shelf. I know this from personal experience.
3. I have never eaten Jell-O.
4. I got to meet His Royal Highness Price Edward, Earl of Wessex, when he presented me with my Gold Level Duke of Edinburgh’s Award earlier this year.
5. I absolutely love sticky notes, and will cover each page of my school textbooks in them if I can. Somehow the colours keep me organized, plus they limit the amount of space I have to write which, as that one kid who always goes over the word limit, I need that restriction.
6. Since I am allergic to artificial colours, flavours, preservatives, and flavour enhancers, I was that one kid at Halloween who basically couldn’t eat any of the candy. Shameful, I know.
7. I love folding laundry.
The rules of A Lovely Blog Award are as follows:
Nominations for this award are chosen by fellow bloggers in order to recognize newer and up-and-coming bloggers. As a new blogger myself, I am so thankful for being nominated and, in turn, I would like to recognize 15 bloggers whom I feel connect with their audience in a lovely way, whether it be through humour, sharing relatable life tales, creative writing, or any other manner. While I will completely understand if the people I nominate do not wish to accept this award, I would still like to acknowledge them here, and I hope that everyone will give their blog a good read. If those nominated would like to accept this award, then I ask that they please follow the guidelines listed below:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
2. Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
3. Share 7 facts/or things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog.
These are my nominations. Each of these bloggers has written at least one post that I found connected them to their audience in their own unique way.
- Still Life with Grad Student
- A Stitch to Scratch
- Fashion Superhero
- The World vs Mike James
- The Title I Wanted Was Already Taken
- Ramblings of a College Introvert
- a whisk & a spoon
- My Trip This Year
- XBETH BEAUTYX
- The Greek Foodie
- A Momma’s View
- bargain betty me
- My OCD Voice